Taking a bath not only helps people wash away all the dirt and tiredness, but also a good way to relax. Many families now have bathtubs in their bathrooms, but how to secure a freestanding tub correctly?
The installation is not complicated, but the specific steps may be unclear. Today we will give you a general guide of "installing a freestanding bathtub".
How to Install a Freestanding Bathtub?
To install the bathtub, it is necessary to confirm that the bathtub is clean and undamaged. Connect the spout to the bathtub drain pipe, and then connect the drain pipe to the bathtub drain hole. Make sure the matching connecting pipe has no defects such as convex, concave, bent, flat, etc.
The installation of a soaking free-standing bathtub is not complicated, and the installation of the entrance and exit is a key issue. Before installing, retaining or modifying the bathtub outlet and other passages, place the bathtub on two wooden slats, connect the water to a water surface, try to fill the bathtub and check if it leaks. If there is no leakage, the strip can be removed. The basic installation of the bathtub is complete.
Check our freestanding bath installation pdf file.
Bonus: How to Install an Alcove Bathtub?
The key to the installation of an alcove bathtub is to make it waterproof. Install the bathtub pipe according to the instructions, and then in order to make sure it is waterproof, it is necessary to make the groove part, and then lay the waterproof glue, and then turn on the faucet within one or two days to check whether there is a water leakage problem.
Then lay the ceramic tiles and use foam tiles to cushion the embedded bathtub. The height is generally less than 60cm (24 inches). Pay attention to the normal size of 250x300mm (10x12 inch) manholes in the location of the drain.
Techniques of Installing Freestanding Bathtub
- First of all, choose the right-sized bathtub according to the specifications of the bathroom, which I believe most people already know. Choose the appropriate bathtub size according to the size of your bathroom. Therefore, in the early stage of installation, you must first compare the size of the bathtub with the size of the whole bath space, and think about the space reserved for the rest of the room.
- When installing, according to the actual size of the bathtub, the skirt should be built with brick and cement, tiles should be added to the exterior and the upper part of the skirt, and the bottom should be built with bricks and a cement platform, and the height should be just above the bottom of the bathtub.
- In the installation of bathtub, the use of glass glue is also required. Although the volume of the bathtub is relatively heavy, for the stability of the bathtub and prolong the service life of the bathtub, it is recommended to put glass glue on the place where the bathtub is in contact with the apron and the wall. This can ensure that the bottom of the bathtub is dry and prevent the intrusion of water, so that the service life can be prolonged.
- The upper surface of the bathtub installation must be leveled with a level gauge, and cannot be inclined sideways. The joint between the upper side of the bathtub and the wall is best filled with sealing paste. The connection between the bathtub drain and the drain pipe should be firm and compact, and easy to disassemble, and the connecting junction should not be open.
Notes on Installing a Bathtub
- Check whether the bathtub levels, front and rear, left and right positions are appropriate, check whether the drainage facilities are appropriate, and install it firmly. During the installation process, the bathtub and the drainage facilities shall be equipped with anti-dirty, anti-collision and anti-blocking facilities, angle grinders, and spot welders. Do not splash the sparks on the bathtub, otherwise it will damage the glaze and affect the beauty of the bathtub.
- The installation of a jacuzzi must be equipped with a grounding wire and a leakage protection switch. When installing, pay attention to the electrical plug and waterproof the surrounding pad to avoid leakage accidents. Before connecting the water pipe, do a power-on test of the motor to check whether the sound meets the requirements.
- Before installing the bathtub with a bracket, check whether the floor of the bathtub is flat; after placing the bathtub in the reserved position, use a level and adjust the support foot nut until the bathtub is level.
- Pay attention to the protection of the bathtub. In the process of bathtub installation and house decoration, you can cover the surface of the bathtub with soft fabrics. Do not stand on the bathtub or place heavy objects on the edge of the bathtub to prevent damage to the bathtub. The bathtub can be used 24 hours after installation.
Maintenance of Bathtub
In addition to daily cleaning routine, we should also thoroughly clean the bathtub every week. For example, you can use a special detergent to wipe it with a sponge, and then rinse it off with water. However, do not wipe it with steel balls or coarse cloth, otherwise the surface will be damaged.
After bathing, you can leave the water in the bathtub or refill the water up to 2 inches above the highest nozzle, and then put in an appropriate amount of low-foam detergent and bleach for about 10 minutes. Then drain the water in the bathtub and rinse it off with clean water.
Maybe many people don't know the bathtub installation skills. In fact, many brands of bathtubs can provide package installation services, so it is best to consult before buying.
At the same time, it should be noted that since the ceramic bathtub is used for water storage and bathing, it is easier to breed bacteria during use. So you can wipe the bathtub with boiling water, but only with soft cloth.
More Bathroom Q&As:
Can A Bathroom Mirror be Wider Than Vanity? | Bathroom Q&A
How Much Weight Can a Floating Vanity Hold?
How to Choose the Right Bathroom Mirror